|Knitware Install Error
Network Initialization Failed
|Knitware is built with Borland C++ and uses Paradox tables to store internal data.
All applications accessing Paradox tables should be using the same
PDOXUSRS.NET file. Knitware should have installed it in the root directory of
your first hard drive (C:\) and have set the NET DIR configuration of the
IDAPI32.CFG file to that directory.
If you receive the error message indicated above, the PDOXUSRS,NET file may
be missing or damaged in some way.
To correct this problem:
First, check that the PDOXUSRS.NET file has been installed and is in the root
directory. To perform this check, start up Windows Explorer and Search for
PDOXUSRS.NET on your computer. There should be one instance only, and it
should be in C:\
If the file is not in the C:/ directory, you can download the file into the directory, then
attempt the Knitware installation again.
If the PDOXUSRS.NET is in the C:/ directory, then something may be wrong with it, and
you should proceed as follows:
- Run the BDE Administrator (go to your Windows Control Panel, and you should
see the BDE Administrator).
- In the Object menu, choose Open Configuration.
- Open the IDAPI32.CFG file (make a note which directory it is in - probably a
Knitware one or perhaps the Borland BDE).
- In the Configuration tab, go to Configuration / Drivers / Native / Paradox.
- Check the NET DIR entry:
- If it is "C:\", then all is well and nothing needs to be changed.
- If it is pointing to another directory for some other program that you use, exit
and contact supportATgreatknitdesignsDOTcom.
- If it is pointing to a different drive or a Knitware folder or anything unknown,
change it to C:\, save the changes (Object / Save as configuration) and
exit. Try running the Knitware program again.
- If, on exit, you get a message "Confirm ...\IDAPI32.CFG as default
configuration?", click YES
If your computer system is configured with your
hard drive (system drive) labelled with a letter
other than C:, then use that letter instead of 'C'
for the instructions below.
|IF YOU ARE TRYING TO INSTALL ON WINDOWS 7, SEE HERE.