|Dog Sweater Styles:
- There are four basic dog sweater styles: simple, pullover, tuxedo and back-opening
pullover. All are worked from neck to bottom in one piece, with ribbing around the neck, a
center front seam (except the back-opening style) and ribbing all around the back opening.
- The TUXEDO and PULLOVER styles include ‘sleeves’ at the armholes for the pet’s front
legs. Although more difficult to work, the armholes serve not only to keep the pet’s legs
warm, but also to keep the sweater from sliding around.
- The SIMPLE style does not have any sleeves or armhole shaping, and is much quicker to
knit or crochet.
- The PULLOVER style is worked square around the back end of the body; i.e. the front
and back length are the same.
- The TUXEDO and SIMPLE styles are worked with shaping at the back, gradually
decreasing from the full chest width to the back width at the tail. These styles allow full
length at the back to the tail, without the sweater bunching up under the tummy.